Above is a screenshot of an example homepage for Pacific's new mobile site. The new design will be implemented across all three campuses.
A New Mobile Experience Coming to Pacific
The next time you visit Pacific.edu from your smartphone, you'll see our new mobile look! The mobile website for the Stockton campus launched late last week, coming next will be mobile sites for the Sacramento and San Francisco campuses.
We invite you to take it for a spin and to let us know if you have any suggestions for making it better. Please explore the site and send any feedback or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mobile websites will allow visitors to quickly find the information they are looking for while on the go. Easy-to-click buttons will highlight features or pages visitors typically use when they're away from their desktop computer.
Visitors will also experience:
- A new campus map allowing users to get walking and driving directions to and from locations on their campus
- Easy access to campus events, including links to purchase tickets from your phone
- Quick links to connect users to frequently accessed pages and services like Sakai, email and insidePacific
- An easy-to-access employee directory to quickly find and contact a colleague
- Pages optimized for mobile devices, making content easy to read and navigate
Users will continue to be able to access the desktop sites, search the sites, find emergency information as well as navigate through the main menu.
According to a recent study, 56% of Americans own a smartphone and 60% of all cellphone users use their cellphone to access the Internet. Pacific has also seen a steady increase in mobile traffic, with close to 12% of all visits coming from a mobile device this past month, compared to 7% in 2012 and 6% in 2011.