• Print
Pacific News

Fire Damages McCaffrey Center Apartment, No One Hurt

Sep 9, 2013

A kitchen fire in a McCaffrey Center apartment caused serious damage Tuesday evening, but no one was hurt.

An unattended stove apparently caused the fire, according to Pacific Housing and Greek Life. Students smelled the smoke at about 9 p.m. Sept. 3 and the building was evacuated.

Pacific Public Safety and Stockton Fire Department personnel arrived to put out the fire, which caused extensive damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the apartment. No other apartment was damaged and no injuries were reported.

The three students living the apartment were provided housing elsewhere on campus.