Westgate Center launches a new Management and Leadership Certificate Program geared to Pacific Faculty and StaffThe sixteen-week Pacific Leadership Academy is geared to high potential, motivated faculty or staff members across all three Pacific campuses who have a passion for making Pacific a better place. Twelve full scholarships available.
- Participants will attend the Westgate Center Management Certificate Program, which consists of 16 evening sessions that cover essential leadership and management topics for today's leaders.
- After completing the Management Certificate Program, Academy members will participate in a panel discussion on university leadership that will include Regents, Cabinet members and other experts in University leadership.
- In addition, Academy members will tour Pacific's three campuses to gain a better understanding of the opportunities, challenges, and resources that are available on each campus.
- Finally, participants will work together to identify and implement a project on one of the three campuses that will add value to the Pacific community.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: High potential, motivated faculty or staff members across all three Pacific campuses who have a passion for making Pacific a better place through leadership.
THE 3 PARTS OF THE PACIFIC LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
1. Management Certificate Program: 8 topics over 16 weeks. Course outline.
2. Understanding University Leadership: This session will be a series of speakers from the Board of Regents, the Cabinet, Senior leadership and experts in the area of university leadership. As the three campus model creates more opportunities for Pacific, it is important that participants tour all three sites and hear first-hand the challenges, opportunities and resources impacting each campus.
3. The Project: The project will consist of 3 or more participants identifying a need at one of the three campuses that will add value to students, employees, the community, reduce costs, or in some other way benefit the Pacific community. Participants will collaborate with each other, other departments and other campuses to evaluate and begin implementing their project.
There are 12 full scholarships available through the Office of Assessment and Training and the Eberhardt Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development. To apply for these scholarships download and fill out the the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via campus mail. Application Download>>
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Oct. 9, 2013
Sessions will be held in the University of the Pacific's Westgate Center in the Eberhardt School of Business. There will be one session each on the San Francisco and Sacramento campuses.
Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to you prior to the first class meeting.