Benefits news--Eating healthy on the go
Stay healthy on the go with these great resources and ideas from Delta Dental.
Visit Delta Dental and check out their wellness website called SmileWay. You can even subscribe to Delta Dental's wellness newsletter. Consider following these tips to help keep your smile healthy when you're pressed for time:
- Think of snacks as mini-meals. Choose nutrient-rich, whole foods that you know are nutritious like fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products.
- Plan ahead. Keep a variety of nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks on hand. Good examples are whole-grain crackers, low-fat cheese and nuts.
- Replace sugary breakfast cereal and starchy bagels with fruit, yogurt or oatmeal for a quick morning meal.
- Crisp fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots and celery help stimulate saliva flow, are full of vitamins and minerals and can help remove plaque and food particles from teeth.
- Cheese and yogurt are easy, portable snacks that supply calcium and other vitamins and minerals for strong teeth.
- If you drink juice, use a straw to minimize contact with your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste immediately after finishing your snack.
Keep the above tips in mind this summer. Not only will it improve your dental health but your healthy eating can assist in weight loss goals. For the full article on staying healthy on the go, click here.