2017 Women of Distinction Awards recipients
The 16th annual Women of Distinction Awards was held on March 31, 2017 at Grace Covell Hall. This year's keynote speaker was writer, educator and soon-to-be "first lady of Stockton" Anna Nti-Asare. At this event, Pacific honored six women from University of the Pacific and local communities for their leadership and dedication to gender equity. Awards are given in the following categories: Undergraduate Student; Graduate Student; Sorority Woman; Staff Member; Faculty Member; and Community Member.
The following women were recognized:
- Undergraduate Woman: Shani Boyd, a senior in the School of International Studies studying International Affairs and Commerce with a minor in Spanish
- Graduate Woman: Victoria Smith, is in her final year of the Masters of Music in Music Education program in the Conservatory of Music.
- Sorority Woman: Khishigt "Kelly" Manlaibayar, a senior in the School of International Studies, studying International Affairs and Commerce and Theatre Arts
- Staff Woman: Deborah Burdick, business manager for the School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Faculty Woman: Margaret (Peg) Ciccolella, professor of health, exercise and sport sciences in College of the Pacific
- Community Woman: Ronda Sanders, elementary school teacher for more than 40 years in Stockton Unified, president of the Stockton chapter of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and 2017 recipient of the Susan B. Anthony Award from the San Joaquin County Commission on the Status of Women