Career Development: Ace Your Job Search
This course focuses on career planning, enhancing resume writing, and improving interviewing skills for those seeking employment.
Part One: Tailoring Resumes and Cover Letters for a Perfect Fit
learn to craft a resume that is targeted, elegant, and effective.
Part Two: Interviewing Skills: Make the Right Impression
focuses on the preparation job candidates need in advance of an interview, and on the five stages of the interview process.
Part Three: Interviewing Skills: Ace Those Tough Questions
learn to formulate winning answers to difficult interview questions before you walk into the interviewing room.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize key career development questions to ask before beginning a job search
- Employ a written goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities
- Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter
- Develop a more effective resume
- Develop a more effective cover letter
- Identify the five stages of the interview process
- Conduct industry and company research efficiently using web-based resources
- Brainstorm potential interview questions and answers
- Understand what constitutes a good answer in the mind of a hiring manager
- Anticipate some of the most common interview questions
- Explain to a hiring manager how the past successes represented on your resume will translate to future success in your desired position
- Recognize whether a job aligns with your career objectives
Self Paced Online Class