LEED Green Associate Exam Prep
Acquire the fundamental concepts of green building. Then prepare yourself to take the Green Associate exam and earn the LEED Green Associate credential from the Green Building Certification Institute. The course is intended for design, construction and real estate professionals, building owners, or anyone who wants to develop their knowledge in this area.
You will examine case studies of LEED certified building projects, concepts of integrated design, third-party verification and the LEED administration process. Kelly Gearhart, your instructor, holds the designations LEED AP BD+C, LEED AP O+M, and will answer your questions in the online discussion.
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the key concepts and fundamental strategies in LEED
2. Understand the relationships and synergies between LEED credits
3. Be able to explain the function of the integrated design approach
4. Identify and explain the major policies and regulations that govern green building
5. Be able to describe the LEED project certification process and identify the resources available to project teams.
6. Be qualified and prepared to sit for the Green Associate Exam from the Green Building Certification Institute.
Unit 1: Introduction and Project Site Factors
Unit 2: Water Management
Unit 3: Project Systems and Energy Impacts
Unit 4: Acquisition, Installation and Management of Project Materials
Unit 5: Improvements to the Indoor Environment
Unit 6: Stakeholder Involvement in Innovation & Project Surroundings and Public Outreach
Unit 7: LEED Certification Process
Unit 8: Green Associate Exam Preparation
Instructor: Kelly Gearhart
Course Dates: June 3 2013, - July 26, 2013