Summer Institutes for Educators
Summer Institutes offers fresh ideas in a stress free environment! This year marks the 23rd annual comprehensive educator's workshop sessions, designed to prepare teachers to help students improve test scores and meet "No Child Left Behind" mandates.
The Summer Institutes staff of professional educators are all carefully selected and trained as Site Coordinators to facilitate their respective workshops. Each workshop includes several top-quality speakers that span a wide range of backgrounds and areas of expertise, to meet the dynamic variety of needs of today's teachers and students. Additionally, the week is filled with group interactions and the sharing of ideas, breakout sessions, hands-on applications, and wellness activities. Participants acquire practical ideas-that make them better educators-in practically no time at all!
This series will help participants learn new ways to motivate students so they can master the basics of their education and be equipped for success in the real world-whether heading off to college or joining the workforce. Participants are given the opportunity to earn three or four semester credits or 50 clock hours, which may be applied towards professional development and salary advancement.
Join us in an engaging community atmosphere where you will learn and be inspired by our speakers, have opportunities to network and build relationships with fellow teachers, and most of all, spend valuable time remembering why you teach! When the week concludes, your dialogue and shared experiences can continue-your attendance automatically makes you eligible to join the Summer Institute Alumni Network, which works to expand ideas and career opportunities!
The Education Across the Curriculum Series: Intended Learning Outcomes
- A greater aptitude for classroom management and instructional strategies
- An expanded intellectual and leadership capacity of school teachers, principals, and others in the school community
- Exposure to the best available research methods and practices in teaching, student learning, and leadership principles
- An improved ability to develop effective teaching content and strategies
- A better understanding of personal health and wellness and what it means to be a role model of wellness for youth
- Conflict management
- Child and adolescent development
- Problem solving / anger management
- Roles and values clarification
- Love and logic
- Positive reinforcement techniques
- Coping and resiliency
- Games for self-esteem
- Health and Wellness
- Education: a relationship
- Developing motivation, responsibility, and self-discipline in at-risk youth
- Understanding and teaching students with multiple intelligences
- Core curriculum subjects - optional PLC sessions for participants to select from
Let the Classroom of Today Set the Stage for Life Long Learning
(Modesto, CA - June 7th to 11th)
In Pursuit of Teaching Excellence
(Sonora, CA - June 14th to 18th)
Unlock Your Teaching Potential
(Mountain View, CA - June 28th to July 1st)
For More information or to register visit: http://www.summerinstitutes.com/