Step 2: Compliance Assurance Approvals
To assure that all appropriate Federal, State, Local and institutional regulations have been fulfilled, the following “pre-award” approvals must be obtained by the PI:
- Institutional Review Board - when human subjects are being used.
- Institutional Animal Care paperwork- when animal subjects are used.
- Hazardous Material - contact the Office of Risk Management (Stockton: 209-946-2783)
- Technology (Office of Information Technology)- if hardware or software is being used that is outside of the university's normal recommendations.
- Conflict of Interest - contact the Associate Director of Research and Compliance.