You can access contact information and individual faculty web pages through our Directory page. Recent faculty accomplishments, such as presentations and publications, are also highlighted in this section.
Broad Range of Expertise
Faculty members in the Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences encompass a broad spectrum of expertise in the field of geosciences, including:
- Structural Geology & Tectonics
- Sedimentary Petrology
- Igneous & Metamorphic Petrology
- Geochemistry (High & Low Temperature, Stable Isotope, Contaminant)
- Economic Geology
- Historical Geology
While our faculty are experts in their fields, they also maintain close interactions with students through the following:
- Upper division courses with small class size (typically 10 to 20 students)
- Direct involvement with faculty research projects
- Faculty & students frequently present their research at conferences, keeping abreast of the latest issues and scientific developments.
- Faculty open door policies: students can visit and talk with professors outside their scheduled office hours
- Co-curricular activities: We are a close-knit department and the faculty provide a supportive environment for students