Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta is the International English Honor Society, and was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University. Pacific had the honor of establishing the Phi Chi chapter in 2012, recognizing the accomplishments of the students involved in the English program.
The goals of the society are as follows:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
The requirements for undergraduate membership are:
- Majoring in English (double majors also welcome)
- Sophomore standing
- 3.5+ departmental GPA
- 3.0+ overall GPA