Sport Management Club
The mission of this club is to advance the sport management program at Pacific by exploring the industry of sport while enhancing professional development. Examples of activities the club has arranged include a Sacramento Kings professional mixer, a Stockton Arena tour and an Oakland Raiders Q & A field trip. The club also sponsors the annual Amazing Tiger Adventure Race, Pacific's version of the Amazing Race television show.
Guest speakers at club events have included:
- Ted Leland, NACDA Athletic Director of the Year
- Grant Christensen, VP Focused Sport Marketing
- Candice Keener, San Francisco Giants
- Marrisa Malone, San Francisco Giants
- Jeff Barnett, Golden State Warriors
- Zach Walter, Golden State Warriors
Pre-Physical Therapy Club
The purpose of the Pre-Physical Therapy Club is to keep undergraduate students informed about the field of physical therapy and form camaraderie among those who are interested in becoming physical therapists. Club activities include information sessions with physical therapy schools, advising sessions, a Q & A with current physical therapy students, field trips to physical therapy schools, and mock grad school interviews.
Pacific Student Athletic Training Club
The mission of the Pacific Student Athletic Training (PSAT) Club is to promote and increase the awareness of the profession of Athletic Training on campus and within the community. An overall objective of PSAT is to aid in the development of friendships and a professional network for those students involved. Club activities include field trips, presentations and events with various Athletic Training and Allied Health Care professionals in California, attendance at professional athletic events (Sacramento Kings, San Francisco 49ers, Golden State Warriors, Professional Bull Riders competitions, Stockton Thunder and Lightning), and involvement in Educational Symposiums on topics related to Athletic Training.
- Dr. Scott Bethune, Orthopedic Surgeon, Team Physician for Stockton Thunder and Lightning, Pacific ATEP Medical Director
- Dr. Eric Larson, Sports Medicine Physician, Kaiser Permanente, Pacific Team Physician
- Lynn King, Athletic Director, University of the Pacific
- Tom Abdenour, Head Athletic Trainer, Golden State Warriors NBA Team
- Peter Wang, Athletic Training, Professional Bull Riders (PBR) Association
- Kevin Anderson, Head Athletic Trainer, Stockton Thunder and Lightning
- Manny Rivera, Assistant Athletic Trainer, San Francisco 49ers
- Darcy McCormick, Orthopedic Technician, Alpine Orthopedic Medical Group