Discover Theatre Arts
In the Theatre Arts department we are committed to the following goals:
- To develop an atmosphere where our creative efforts help us to appreciate our past and prepare for our future.
- To inspire and challenge ourselves and our audience into a richer and deeper experience of life through theatrical presentations.
- To study the traditions and encourage innovation in the theatrical arts as we provide a worthy training program for our students.
- To offer opportunities for actors, directors, designers and technicians.
- To encourage experiments and innovations with the integration of the lively arts of theatre.
- To strive for the highest standards of training and production that our talent and resources allow.
- To help our students to fulfill their vocational or avocational interests in the various arts and crafts of theatre.
Pacific Theatre Arts Fall 2015 Mainstage Production and other Fall 2015 events can be found here. Recent notice of the 2016 Spring Production announcement is published here on the Upcoming Productions page. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Pacific's Theatre Arts program combines classroom training with hands-on experience. The department is home to many productions each year both faculty-and student-produced shows. Productions range from historical to contemporary, drama through musicals, live and mediated. Click on this link to explore how we are working with mediated performance through transmedia.
- All students, staff and faculty of the university and members of the Stockton community may audition for departmental productions.
- Performances are given on the proscenium stage of the Long Theatre the intimate black-box DeMarcus Brown Studio Theatre (in the Drama Building), or filmed in our motion picture studio.
- Our facilities are located in proximity to each other on the south campus.
There are several scholarship opportunities for incoming Theatre Arts students. We have scholarships available for technical and academic achievement.
Professional Theatre Internship Opportunities
We have a unique relationship with a professional theatre company, Shakespeare's Associates. Professor Lisa Tromovitch is the Producing Artistic Director and the founder of this great organization. Our students and alumni have worked as interns and professionals on stage and backstage, gaining a wealth of experience in the professional theatre. Click here for photos and comments from our recent graduates taking part in Shakespeare's Associates.
Our students have also worked as interns at the Sacramento Music Theatre, Sony Pictures in Los Angeles, Foothill Theatre Company, and many others. Recent alums have gone to top-ranked graduate schools in the areas of performance, producing, and technical theatre. Several of our graduates currently operate Red Brick Road Theatre in North Hollywood, California. We are very proud of our record of achievement and rededicate ourselves daily to our mission.
Theta Alpha Phi
The Theatre Arts department is home to the California Gamma chapter of the national honors fraternity, Theta Alpha Phi, the nation's oldest professional theatre society. Learn more about Theta Alpha Phi here.