Working closely with faculty, students in the Department of Visual Arts perform a variety of outreach services in the Stockton and regional community. Many of these projects produce a legacy of community awareness and pride.
Through the internship program, students have worked for local companies, galleries, museums, and social service agencies.
Faculty members serve as jurors for regional art competitions, serve as guest curators, and give public lectures—ultimately leading the way for students to assist them with many of their projects.
Visit the Haggin Museum
- 2010—J.C. Leyendecker
- 2010—Annual McKee Student Art Contest & Exhibition
- 2010—Bustles & Balustrades: The Link between Victorian Dress and Architecture
- 2004—From Sea to Shining Sea
- 2000—Artists Paint Yosemite
- 1996—Tillie Lewis: Central Valley Entrepreneur
- 1992—An Enduring Image: One Hundred Years of Stockton Photography 1850—1950
Reynolds Gallery, University of the Pacific
The Department of Visual Arts offers the Reynolds Gallery for students and public to enjoy.
Many of the community service projects conducted by the faculty are exhibited in the Reynolds Gallery.
The Gallery also maintains an active visiting artists and lecture series which is also open to the public.
- Marjorie Webster Williams, Catalog Raisonne and Retrospective Exhibition
- Verna Johnston Photographer. Restrospective
- Carl Hugo Beetz American Illustrator. Catalog Raisonne and Retrospective Exhibition
- Visions of Clay Ceramics Exhibition
Valley Sierra California Arts Project
The Department of Visual Arts is host to the Valley Sierra California Arts Project (VSCAP), a regional site of the California Arts Project.
Funded by State of California, VSCAP provides professional development for teachers of the arts, K–postsecondary.
The site is a collaborative alliance between the University and the County Offices of Education of San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Amador, and Calaveras counties.
Examples of faculty projects in the community that have provided opportunities for students include:
2013—Mural project for Heinz Labs
2007—1995 Valley Sierra California Arts Project VSCAP
2006—Visions of Clay Annual Exhibition for Ceramics
2005—Aquatopia: A Confluence of Art, Science and the California Watershed
2004—From Sea to Shining Sea Images of America
2000—Artists Paint Yosemite
2000—Carl Hugo Beetz American Illustrator. Catalog Raisonne and Retrospective Exhibition.
1998—Verna Johnston Photographer. A Retrospective Exhibition
1996—Tillie Lewis: Central Valley Entrepreneur
1995—Marjorie Webster Williams Catalog Raisonne and Retrospective Exhibition
1994—An Enduring Image: One Hundred Years of Stockton Photography 1850-1950.
Community Related Interdisciplinary Collaborations and Projects
- The Stockton Post Office. Collaboration with Pacific's Department of History
- The Magnolia Project. Collaboration with Pacific's Jacoby Center
- The Japanese Community. Collaboration with the Pacific's Department of History
- The Stockton Re-Photographic Survey
- Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Survey
- Aquatopia: A Confluence of Art, and Science and the California Watershed.
- Valley Sierra California Arts Project VSCAP