College of the Pacific Minors
Follow the Degree Program links below or contact the individual departments for additional information.
Civic Leadership (Jacoby Center)
Health, Exercise, and Sport Sciences
Lifespan Development (Psychology)
Russian Area Studies
Thematic (See the Associate Dean)
Minors consist of a coherent set of related courses in a particular discipline or interdisciplinary area. Choosing a minor gives students a way to further explore an area of interest or expand their scope of knowledge to strengthen their career possibilities.
Here are some specifics:
- Minors require 20 units or more, and where possible, advanced level courses.
- Ten units or more, depending on the specific program, must be taken at the University of the Pacific.
- Courses that count toward a minor cannot be taken on a “pass/no credit’’ basis.
- Students must take at least 3 courses totaling a minimum of 9 units which count only for the minor.
- Students may not take a major and a minor in the same discipline.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in a minor program.
To add a minor, complete a Program Change form, available on the Office of the Registrar’s web site.