Undergraduate Research Funding
The College of the Pacific is committed to promoting scholarly work, including research and artistic activity, for our faculty and students. To support such activities, the College's Director of Research Initiatives & Strategic Partnerships is available to help students and faculty in the College access grants and other funding sources.
The Director will assist you in:
Dr. Joanna Albala
- Identifying appropriate avenues of funding to support undergraduate research, special projects, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Understanding the grants process at Pacific.
- Accessing the right forms needed for applying for grants.
- Finding resources useful to your endeavor.
Funding for research projects is available through a number of external sources, including corporations and foundations, and local, state and federal grant programs. Students can also apply for various internal funding sources, such as the Pacific Fund.
The Internal Funding Sources Guide is a handy reference to funds available to faculty and undergraduate students through the University of the Pacific. You can also learn about internal and external funding sources through these pages on the University's Office of Research and Graduate Studies website:
Funding for Conference Travel
There are sources of funding to cover travel expenses for undergraduate students in the College who present at conferences.
- One avenue is the Pacific Fund Undergraduate Conference Travel Grants offered through the Pacific Fund program.
- Another option is student travel funding available directly from the College of the Pacific.
Please note that funding is reimbursement based. Funds are not issued up front; rather, expenses must be documented and submitted for reimbursement. The forms to request this funding and to obtain reimbursement for previously approved expenses are provided below. Please contact Dr. Lydia Fox, Director of Undergraduate Research, if you have questions.