The activities of the Conservatory of Music are centered around five buildings:
We are currently in the pre-planning stages of developing a comprehensive master building plan to renovate Faye Spanos Concert Hall and expand existing facilities and add new space to replace Owen Hall.
Below is a partial listing of recent improvements in our continuing effort to provide the finest educational opportunities and teaching environment:
All performance facilities, piano teaching studios, and practice rooms for piano students include Steinway grand pianos.
The Conservatory includes a state of the art music technology laboratory in Owen Hall for both classroom instruction and Conservatory student use. The lab has two 70" video monitors and 20 Apple computers running current versions of the following software:
- Logic -- digital audio workstation
- Sibelius -- for music notation
- Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color, Compessor, and DVD Studio Pro) -- for audio and video editting
- Photoshop -- for image editting
- Dreamweaver -- for web design
- and other supporting software software
A 5.1 surround sound system is available in Buck Hall for the composition and analysis of music for film.
The piano laboratory in Owen Hall was recently updated with 16 new keyboards.
A complete set of new percussion instruments was added to the inventory in 2012.