The activities of the Conservatory of Music are centered around five buildings:
In our continuing effort to provide the finest educational opportunities and teaching environment, the Conservatory acquired ten new Steinway grand pianos and seven Boston vertical pianos. All performance facilities, piano teaching studios, and practice rooms for piano students include Steinway grands.
The Conservatory designed and installed a state of the art music technology laboratory in Buck Hall for both classroom instruction and Conservatory student use. The lab is based on 21 Apple computers running current versions of the following software:
- Logic -- digital audio workstation
- Sibelius -- for music notation
- Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color, Compessor, and DVD Studio Pro) -- for audio and video editting
- Photoshop -- for image editting
- Dreamweaver -- for web design
- and other supporting software software
A 5.1 surround sound system is also installed for the composition and analysis of music for film.