Buck Hall is the center of classroom teaching. It houses three large classrooms, a conference and seminar room, a ProTools based composition studio, faculty offices and teaching studios, and a state of the art music technology laboratory. The lab is based on 21 Apple computers running current versions of the following software:
- Logic -- digital audio workstation
- Sibelius -- for music notation
- Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color, Compessor, and DVD Studio Pro) -- for audio and video editting
- Photoshop -- for image editting
- Dreamweaver -- for web design
- and other supporting software software
A 5.1 surround sound system is also installed for the composition and analysis of music for film.