Computer Studio for Music Composition (CCSMC)
Robert Coburn, Director
The Conservatory Computer Studio for Music Composition serves as a resource for both faculty and students who are involved in the creation of music through the use of new technology. It provides a fully digital environment for the composition of new music.
Primary Composition System Hardware
- Apple Mac Pro computer – 3.0 GHz 8-core Intel Xeon
- Raid Array with Mac Pro Raid Card
- Pro Tools HD2 Accel system
- Command8 Control Surface
- Digidesign 192 I/O
- Pro Tools 8.0
- Yamaha EX5 Keyboard
- Blue Sky BMC (Bass Management Controller)
- Quad Monitoring
- Yamaha portable and studio mini disc recorders
- Various Audio Technica Microphones (AT4050, AT 4051, etc.)
- Classes in computer music and composition are taught yearly in the Conservatory Computer Studio for Music Composition.
- Students who have completed the studio courses may continue composition activity in the studio through private study in composition.
- Courses in studio recording are offered through the Conservatory’s new Digital Recording Studio.