Music Therapy Requirements
Application Procedure For Graduate Applicants
Music Therapy Requirements:
- A degree in music
- An undergraduate average of B (GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better overall in the undergraduate program or in upper division work of the baccalaureate degree.
Application materials include:
- Online application form
- 3 letters of Recommendation
- General GRE scores (GRE is not required for applicants with GPA of 3.5 or higher)
- Official transcripts
- Prepare two contrasting pieces on your principal musical instrument/voice.
- Sing two pieces from a traditional or contemporary musical repertoire and accompany yourself with piano and guitar (proficiency on both piano and guitar is an important consideration for potential candidates). For these pieces, you may use sheet music or a lead sheet.
- Sing one American folk song from memory a capella.
This audition is arranged with the music therapy faculty only. If you are unable to arrange an on-campus audition because of distance, you can send a video recording.
Contact Dr. Hsiao to address specific questions.