Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
Beta Gamma Sigma is the national honor society in business and management serving business programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in an undergraduate or master's program at a school accredited by AACSB International. Only 440 universities are accredited of the 1800 offering business degrees. Its membership of 375,000 comprises the brightest and best of business leaders.
Mission of the Society
The mission of Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business and personal and professional excellence in the practice of business.
Membership Requirements at Pacific
To be eligible for membership, the academic ranking of those being considered must place them:
- Junior and seniors must have a minimum GPA = to 3.50
- Graduate students must have a minimum GPA = to 3.70
- in the upper 7 percent of the rising junior class; (80 units)
- upper 10 percent of the senior class; (96 units) or
- upper 20 percent of the graduating master's class (21 units)
Invitations for membership are sent to qualifying students for an initiation ceremony each spring semester.
While almost 450,000 student in the U.S. receive baccalaureate or master's degrees in business each year, less than 22,000 or 5% earn lifetime membership in Beta Gamma Sigma.
BGS Membership Benefits
- Lifetime recognition for outstanding academic achievement
- include it on your resumé
- Student Scholarship Program
- BetaLink On-line Community
- Student Leadership Forum
- BGS News newsletter and BetaNet website
- Alumni Network - Alumni Chapter Program
Eberhardt School of Business Student Initiates
|Fall 2015 Initiates||Spring 2015 Initiates|
|Bachelor of Science Business Administration|
|Tu Anh PHAM
|Master of Business Administration|
Mary Anne CHOI
Weber Hall Room 210