Costs of Attendance
What is the total tuition for the program?
- Currently estimated at $66,000 for the entire 16-month MBA program which is a total of 51 units.
- Current tuition rates are $1,228/ unit or $3,684/ 3-unit course; however, all semester are charged at a graduate flat-rate tuition for 16-18 graduate units.
What is the cost of living on campus?
- Room & Board (3 semesters on-campus) is currently estimated at $19,000 for the entire program.
What types of financial assistance does the University offer?
- Financial assistance is available to both Domestic & International Applicants:
- Upon completion of the FAFSA - U.S. citizens will be reviewed for: Stafford; Perkin, and private loan eligibility.
- All accepted full-time applicants, domestic and international, will automatically be considered for merit-based Graduate Assistantships from 1/3 to 1/2 tuition discount depending on qualifications.
- In addition, all accepted full-time applicants, domestic and international, will be considered for merit-based scholarships ranging from $2000 to $8000 from several endowed scholarship sources.
Are there any kind of loans that international students can get?
- International applicants can be considered for (alternative) loans provided they have a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Information about private loans is available on the Internet sites like www.internationalstudentloan.com.
What are the requirements to be considered for a scholarship/assistantship?
- All full-time students will be considered as part of the admission process. You will be notified of any offers and requested to complete an acceptance form to accept the offer.
- A completed Merit-based Financial Form may also be required to officially accept the award. This form will be sent by the Eberhardt Student Services Office.
Rankings and Program Facts
Where does Pacific's Eberhardt MBA program figure in the rankings and is the University accredited for its business programs?
- The Eberhardt MBA is regularly ranked in the top 294 Business Schools by sources such as the Princeton Review and Businessweek. In addition, the University of the the Pacific is regularly among the top 125 national universities in US News & World Report rankings. The personalized nature of the Eberhardt School means that cohorts for all graduate management programs are kept at approximately 25-30 students. The Eberhardt School is AACSB accredited and is institutionally accredited for all Unversity of the Pacific business programs. AACSB is the world's standard for recognizing schools who meet the highest quality standards, currently about 5% of business school programs worldwide have met this standard.
What is a typical class size?
- The maximum cohort size for each program is 35 students. Most MBA electives are usually between 10 and 20 students.
What are the typical requirements for GMAT, TOEFL and work experience to be considered for admission?
- GMAT: 500; TOEFL: 80 (ibt); IELTS: 6.5; Work experience: 2 years preferred, but not required. Students not meeting these standards will be considered by the full MBA Admission Committee for possible admission through an in-depth holistic review of your qualifications.
What areas of speciality are available?
- Main elective course areas: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Healthcare Management, Marketing, and Sport Management. Special topics courses may also be offered in the areas of human resources and financial statement analysis, as well as, accounting with the new Master of Accounting degree program.
How long is the Eberhardt MBA program?
- Full-time: 16 months. It begins in late August with the MBA Orientation for the new cohort and ends in December of the following year. Please take a look at the 16-month sample schedule.
- Dual-degree and Cooperative: Typically, each of these Programs is approximately 4 years.
What are the typical instructional methodologies for MBA courses?
- MBA teaching methodologies primarily consist of case studies, lectures, class discussions & external consulting projects.
What is the total number of units for the MBA Programs?
- The total required units are 51 units for full-tme and part-time MBA students.
What are the application dates for the MBA program?
- There are two key application dates for full-time applicants: January 15 (priority review for merit-based FA) and March 1 (priority application review). Late applicants will normally be considered through July 1 each year for Fall entry.
Stockton and University of the Pacific Campus
Will I need an automobile? Are there alternative means of transportation?
- Stockton, like many California cities, is mostly suburban and spread over a wide area. Most students find that a car makes it much easier to get around. City buses serve the campus area regularly. You must decide if the responsibility of a vehicle is worth the convenience.
What is Stockton's climate?
- Temperatures can range from highs of 100+ degrees in the summer to as low as 30 degrees during winter. There are 184 sunny days per year with an average annual temperature of 74.6 degrees.
What makes Eberhardt MBA program different from others?
- Small cohorts, easy access to faculty and team-based study add up to a very personalized, intimate learning experience.
Do you offer a PhD in business?
- The Eberhardt School of Business does not currently offer a PhD program; however, we may be able to point you in the right direction with some recommendations for your search.
For International Students
How will my international transcript be evaluated?
- International coursework must be evaluated by an outside evaluation agency such as WES or ECE. We recommend using the WES iCAP service for your convenience as multiple copies of official transcripts will not be required.
My university didn't calculate a grade point average (GPA). How do I fill in that section of the application?
- You should simply put N/A (not applicable) in the box. We will review the required transcript evaluation when it is available to determine the strength of your marks in the educational system in which you completed your coursework.
My professor cannot write in English. May I submit Letters of recommendation in my native language?
- Recommendations submitted in a language other than English are not preferred, but an attempt to translate will be made using available university personnel and resources. If we cannot provide a translation, we will recommend a for fee service.
Do you provide any transportation between Pacific and the airport?
- We typically schedule a limited number of trips to pick up international students from local airports (Sacramento, San Jose, San Francisco). Other arrangements can be made by contacting the Office of International Programs in advance of orientations.
Still have a question? Contact:
Director of Student Recruitment
Eberhardt School of Business
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211
Phone: 800.952.3179 or 209.946.2629
E-mail: MBA Program