Minor in Business Administration
The basic learning objective of the minor is to provide non-business majors with a broader knowledge and skill set in business administration.
A Summer 2013 program option is available for this minor. Please see the Summer Sessions 2013 catalog (pg. 14) for details.
Six (6) courses for the Business Administration Minor:
- BUSI 31 Principles of Financial Accounting
- Four of the following five courses:
- BUSI 33 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUSI 53 Business Law
- BUSI105 Financial Management
- BUSI 107 Marketing Management
- BUSI 109 Management and Organizational Behavior
- Any one BUSI course offered by the School of Business (excluding BUSI 10 Dean's Seminar , BUSI 110 Career Development Seminar and most Special Topics or Independent Study)
General requirements for the minor are as follows:
- All courses must be taken at the Eberhardt School of Business. Students must meet course prerequisites before registering. Example: BUSI 107 requires ECON 53 and junior standing (56 units)
- A minimum of 2.0 GPA must be attained in these courses.
- Exercise caution in not violating the University's restriction, which allows only 30 units (7 BUSI courses at 4 units) of BUSI courses to be credited toward the degree requirements of non-ESB majors.
- Courses taken abroad will be accepted if:
- The International Program is a Pacific program - that is, units will be treated as Pacific units. Two course maximum.
- The courses are substitutable for courses found in the Eberhardt School of Business.
- The student has received approval for these courses in advance.