Minor in Information Systems
The basic learning objective of the minor is to supplement skills with coursework in business information systems.
The following six (6) courses are required:
- COMP 25 Computers and Information Processing
- COMP 51 Computer Science
- BUSI 100 Management Information Systems
- BUSI 137 Database Management Systems
- BUSI 138 Networking and Telecommunications Management
- BUSI 139 E-Commerce Project
General requirements for the minor are as follows:
- All courses must be taken at the Eberhardt School of Business. Students must meet course prerequisites before registering. Example: BUSI 137 requires BUSI 100 with a "C" or better and junior standing (56 units).
- A minimum of 2.0 GPA must be attained in these courses.
- Exercise caution in not violating the University's restriction, which allows only 30 units (7 BUSI courses at 4 units) of BUSI courses to be credited toward the degree requirements of non-ESB majors.
- Courses taken abroad will be accepted if:
- The International Program is a Pacific program - that is, units will be treated as Pacific units. Two course maximum.
- The courses are substitutable for courses found in the Eberhardt School of Business.
- The student has received approval for these courses in advance.