Summer Program in China
INFORMATION SESSION: January 21, 2013 | 12:00-1:00 PM | Bechtel International Center
May 15 - June 21, 2013
China has 1.3 billion people and is the fastest growing economy in the world. Many leading American companies and organizations have subsidiaries in China and many more are exploring opportunities in the country. Knowledge about Chinese cultural, business and language provides a key competitive edge to the future leaders in various fields. To enhance your global experience and competitiveness, we offer a program of six weeks in Shanghai and Beijing (China) in the summer of 2013. The program includes courses taught by faculty from University of the Pacific. It features field studies, cultural activities, visits to major business and finance institutions and interacts with successful American business entrepreneurs and organizations in China. Through the summer program, students can earn up to 8 University of the Pacific units and gain highly valuable global experiences in the most economically vibrant and prosperous cities in the world!
- Location: Shanghai and Beijing, China.
- Courses: BUSI 193: Basics of International U.S. and China Law; Chinese language courses at all levels.
- Cultural Experience: the Great Wall, the Forbidden City in Beijing, Shanghai Museum and the Shanghai Bund.
- Program Fee: $3,200 including instruction, room, activities in China, and Chinese visa fee. The fee does not include round trip airfare, food and personal expenses.
- Open: Pacific students, faculty, staff, alumni, community and students from other colleges and universities. Minimum number of participants: 15 people.
The application procedure will be explained in the information sessions to be organized in the fall & spring semesters. The program is jointly offered by the Modern Language Department of COP (Dr. Jie Lu) and the Eberhardt School of Business (Laurie Lichter-Heath).
To request for more information or application form, please contact:
Prof. Jie Lu, College of the Pacific, WPC 225, Tel: 209-946-2917; or
Laurie Lichter-Heath, Eberhardt School of Business, Weber Hall 207-C, Tel: 209-946-2635
Our BUSI 193 students blogged about their experiences in China. See the below links or visit