• Print

Information for International MBA & MAcc Applicants

Listen to a podcast on Applying to U.S. MBA Programs.

Eberhardt School of Business: A Great Business School for International Students

Pacific and the Eberhardt School makes a special effort to help potential international business school applicants, like you, throughout the entire experience. This begins with the application process, continues with support while in the program, including professional guidance in developing area networks via internship and other experiential opportunities.

The diversity of the cultural and professional background you will bring as an international student is one of the great treasures of the Eberhardt MBA Program. We have helped launch fast track careers for international students from all the continents of the world.

If you are an international student, that is, neither a citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States, there are a few additional application process requirements you should keep in mind:

Application Deadlines

You should submit a completed application packet four to six months prior to posted deadlines in order to accommodate the additional processing for required international documents; however, late applicants will be accepted and will be considered on a space available basis.

Academic Record and Transcript Evaluation

You must have completed an academic program equivalent to that required for a University of the Pacific bachelor's degree at a university of recognized standing. International students who attended schools outside of the United States must submit an evaluation of their academic records. (see more details)


You must request an official transcript of academic work from each college or university you have attended as either an undergraduate or a graduate student and official verification of degree awarded.

All transcripts must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the institution. Unofficial copies of academic records are not acceptable. True copies of academic records from other countries will be accepted only if, after the copies have been made, they have been personally signed, stamped, and sealed by a governmental or educational official who certifies that they are exact copies of original documents. A translation and evaluation from a qualified evaluation service should accompany documents in languages other than English. Please note that no action will be taken on an application unless all academic records are certified or official.

Test of English as a Foreign Language

If you are an International student, you must provide a satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum 550 PBT or 213 CBT. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all international applicants whose native language is not English. The TOEFL is not required of applicants who have received a bachelor's degree from a United States college or university.

Some international applicants may be required to take the Test of Spoken English (TSE). If you fall into this category, you will be notified.

Our school code for the TOEFL is 004065; the department code is 02.

Other English proficiency exams (i.e. IELTS) may also be accepted on a case by case basis.

Recognition Documentation

Awards, scholastic honors, scholarships, and other recognition should provided with your resume required as part of the application. Please do not send copies.

Certification of Finances Information

Government regulations require that international students provide evidence that they are able to meet the financial requirements of their education, living expenses, and miscellaneous costs  To meet this requirement, you must complete and submit the Certificate of Finances form and the required supporting documents outlined in that form. Please note that the I-20 process cannot be completed without this information. This information is typically required upon acceptance and confirmation into a graduate program at Pacific.

Student Visas (F-1)

Upon admission and receipt of the certification of finances and supporting information, we will mail you a certificate of eligibility for a nonimmigrant student. To obtain the F-1 visa you must take the certificate (I-20) to the U.S. Consulate in your country.

If you are currently attending another U.S. institution and not leaving the U.S. before coming to Pacific, please check with Pacific's Office of International Programs and Services office for renewal requirements.