Internship Guide for MBA Students
A required internship experience for all full-time, matriculated MBA students in the Eberhardt MBA program allows students:
- An opportunity to apply theories, concepts and skills learned in the MBA program
- To gain an understanding of the administrative elements and day-to-day functioning of an organization while completing assigned tasks;
- To strengthen judgment, decisiveness and team skills;
- To assess potential in the work environment and possible areas needing development for successful career growth
Students are required to generate valuable learning from the experience.
- Minimum of 20 hours per week at internship site.
- Regular interaction with senior and/or executive management.
- Completion of at least one comprehensive project within eight-week internship time frame.
Securing Your Internship
MBA students will work with the Eberhardt Career Management Center to identify target employers and opportunities through the Fall Career Development Seminar following the 2 Hour Job Search methodology developed by career management industry expert Steve Dalton.
Monthly group strategy sessions to facilitate your progress will occur throughout the Spring semester. You will be expected to secure your internship before departing for the international business competition course abroad.