Need to get your résumé in order for presentation to recruiters and employers? Start by reviewing the Vault Guide to Interviews, Résumés and Cover Letters at the Vault. Pay close attention to the chapters on résumés, use these guidelines and tips to draft your own, then schedule an appointment with Margaret Roberts to Review Your Résumé and polish it up for use in your job search!
Recruiters and employers are looking for certain qualities that indicate your potential for success in their company. The qualities you want to communicate with your résumé are:
- Leadership (student clubs/organizations/fraternities/sororities)
- Work Ethic (continuous employment/part-time jobs/internships)
- Passion (volunteerism/activism/sports)
- Academic Achievement (GPA, scholarships, honor societies)
Other important tips:
- Use an active voice (not first person)
- Detail your contributions and accomplishments, don't just list them
- Keep it to one page!