- Five programs a year in each location are offered by national and regional experts on issues such as:
- Effective Communication in the Family Business
- Non-Family Managers
- Raising Children in the Family Business
- Outside Advisory Boards
- Family Business Councils
- Estate and Succession Planning
- Separating Family and Business Responsibility
- Conflict Resolution
- Professional Development of the Family Business
- Fairness in Compensation and Position
- Sibling Rivalry
- Family Business Life Cycles
- Strategic Planning in the Family Business
- Reserved seats for family or key non-family members for each event
- Executive breakfast workshops with round table discussions
- Networking with other family businesses in your region
- Affinity Groups
- Family business resource library
- Access to Pacific business faculty and students as resources
- Social Networking events including Pacific Volleyball, Stockton Ports baseball, and wine socials in the Sonoma area.
The University of the Pacific Institute for Family Business is a founding member of the California Family Business Program Association. This Association is made up of seven universities throughout California with the mission of helping family businesses succeed. As part of your membership with Pacific, you will be able to attend any program of an affiliated member throughout California.
In addition, the IFB is also a member of the Family Firm Institute, an international association of family business resources with over 500 members. As a member of these two organizations, the IFB is able to bring tremendous resources and expertise to your family business.