Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
About the Credential
This dynamic program will prepare for leadership postions in K-12 schools including school sites and district offices. Credential holders are eligible to serve in all administrative and supervisory positions in California public schools.
These include site level and district office administrators, such as: principals, assistant principals, program directors, curriculum directors, assistant superintendents and superintendents.
Admission to this program is a holistic decision, and is based on the following:
- Admission to the Graduate School, with graduate standing requiring the possession of a baccalaureate degree
- Application to department chair and subsequent approval by department
- Possession of a valid basic teaching credential or a services credential with a specialization in pupil personnel, health or librarian services as specified in the State of California Education Code, and verification of three years of successful full-time experience utilizing the qualifying credential
- Written verification of desirable personal and professional characteristics for administrative service
- Passing score on the California Basic Skills Educational Test (CBEST)
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.0 in credential courses
Note: By completing a Master of Arts Degree Core of twelve (12) additional units, the student may obtain the Master of Arts Degree in Educational Administration and Leadership and the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.
Successful completion of administrative field experiences, a learning portfolio, and an exit interview.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Anthony Serna.
Department of Educational Administration and Leadership
Gladys L. Benerd School of Education
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95211
Phone: (209) 946-2580
Fax: (209) 946-3110