Awards and Recognition
- Dr. Tom Nelson received recognition for 12 years as the Editor ofTeacher
- Dr. Ron Hallett was chosen to participate in the Institute for Higher Education Policy (IHEP) and the Lumina Foundation for Education Young Academic Fellows Program
- Dr. Bob Oprandy was awarded the prestigious MLK Peace & Justice Award
- Dr. Lynn G. Beck was recognized at the Belhaven University Alumni Awards Luncheon
- Dr. Lynn Beck was recognized at the Women of Distinction luncheon
- Professor Thomas Nelson and Dr. Carol Brodie edited and contributed to a recently published book, Chronicles from a Watershed: Considerations of Place and Pedagogy (2010) that included chapters from doctoral students Larry Grimes, Josh Anderson (high school student of Mr. Grimes), Theresa Stovall, Marilyn Kae Gowen, Roxanne Ferguson, Teresa Vail, Janine Fisk, and Cindy Coleman
- Ronald Hallett co-authored an article for and issue of Cultural Studies ← → Critical Methodologies
- Dr. Thomas Nelson presented at several California Council on Teacher Education conference/workshops.
- Dr. Ronald Hallett receives the Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace and Justice Award during Black History Month for his work with college access challenged youth.