• Print

Leave of Absence and Withdrawing from a Program

Leave of Abscence

A formal leave of absence will be granted by the Dean of the Graduate School only to those in military service or for those needing medical leave. Continuing Registration fees are waived.


An official withdrawal is granted to students who complete the withdrawal petition and submit it to the Registrar's Office. Students who leave without filing a petition will jeopardize prospects for receiving a refund and may incur academic penalties. Petitions approved after deadline dates will be subject to a clerical service fee. The date when the petition is filed with the Registrar is the effective date for financial and academic considerations.