Master's Degree - Thesis Plans
Completing the Master's Degree Thesis Plans
(Plan A for the M.A., M.S. in all but Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology)
See the Graduate School Calendar for Deadlines each semester.
Call the office if unsure of dates!
(The steps for the completing the approval process for the thesis is summarized here .)
Summary of Steps
- Plan of Study filed in the Graduate School Office during the first semester
(Should courses change before applying for graduation, a revised plan must be submitted)
- Advancement to Candidacy letter received from the Graduate School office.
- Application for Graduation is filed in the Graduate School office
- Thesis Committee is formed and form filed in the Graduate School office
- First Review of the Thesis
- Copy thesis for review by committee
- Final Exam
- Thesis Grade Form submitted in the Graduate School office.
- Final corrections made on thesis. Submit for Final Review of thesis to obtain final approval by Graduate Studies Dean.
- Make final copies. The two copies required by the library must be on archival-quality paper.
- Deposit final copies with library, deposit any departmentally required copies to the department.
Forms to File
Form or Document to Submit
By End of the First Semester of Study
By September 2nd for December 04 Graduate Degrees
First Submission Review
After the thesis defense
Final Submission Review