About the School
The mission of the School of Engineering and Computer Science is to provide a superior, student-centered learning environment which emphasizes close faculty-student interaction, experiential education, and distinctive research opportunities.
Graduates will be prepared to excel as professionals, pursue advanced degrees, and possess the technical knowledge, critical thinking skills, creativity, and ethical values needed to lead the development and application of technology for bettering society and sustaining the world environment.
The School of Engineering and Computer Science at University of the Pacific is a place where students
- Complete 7.5 months of a paid domestic or international internship
- Attend a Tier I nationally-ranked university
- Travel overseas for cooperative education internships
- Enjoy access to Silicon Valley industry and resources
- Graduate in four years (versus 5.5-year national average)
- Earn a Master's and Bachelor's degree in just 5 years
- Get a great job upon graduation
- As one of the leading California engineering and computer science schools, we offer a wide range of major and minor degrees, broad availability of student services, and a high success rate of our graduates finding post-graduate employment or education.
Recent Rankings. The School is ranked in the top 20% of all non-doctoral Engineering and Computer Science programs in the country. Several other independent college ranking organizations have also praised the School for upholding our mission statement. Read more.
A Tradition of Excellence
The School of Engineering and Computer Science at University of the Pacific has been providing a student-centered learning experience since 1957. Ranked as one of "50 Great Schools at Great Prices" on U.S.News & World Report, it offers its students personal attention from distinguished faculty members, hands-on experience with laboratory equipment, employment opportunities through its co-operative education program, and much more.
- Personalized Education with an average class size of 16:1
- Practical Experience through a paid 7.5 month internship through our Cooperative Education Program
- Distinctive Graduate Program with three concentrations and the opportunity to begin graduate classes as an undergraduate and finish both degrees in just 5 years
- Hands-on Learning in over 30 labs within the School