B.S., Aeronautical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, 1988
M.S., Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University, 1993
Ph.D., Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University California Davis, 2009
Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics
Mechanics of Materials
Structural Testing for Wind Turbine Applications
Wind Turbine Structural Dynamics
Wind Energy Permitting Issues
Wind Turbine Rotor Fragment Risk
- "Prediction and Alleviation of Flutter in Swept Wind Turbine Blades", S. Larwood, presented at the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics SciTech Forum 2015 in Kissimmee, FL, 5-9 January 2015.
- "Wind turbine rotor fragments: impact probability and setback evaluaton", S. Larwood and C.P. van Dam. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s10098-014-0805-9.
- "Design Studies of Swept Wind Turbine Blades", S. Larwood, C.P. van Dam, and D. Schow. Renewable Energy, Vol. 71, 2014.
"Dynamic analysis tool development for swept wind turbine blades", S. Larwood and C.P. van Dam. Wind Energy, Vol. 16, No. 6, September 2013.
- "Strength Testing an Embedded Sensor Blade Bolt for Wind Turbine Applications," presented at WINDPOWER 2013, 7 May 2013, Chicago, IL.
- "Wind Power for Farm and Food Processing," C. P. van Dam, Henry Shiu, Scott Johson, Scott Larwood. In the Encyclopedia of Agricultural, Food, and Biological Engineering, Second Edition. Taylor & Francis, February 2013.
"Balancing fatigue damage and turbine performance through innovative pitch control algorithm," S. Johnson, S. Larwood, G. McNerney, C.P. van Dam. Wind Energy, Vol. 15, No. 5, July 2012.
"Permitting Setback Requirements for Wind Turbines in California." CEC-500-2005-184. Davis, CA; California Wind Energy Collaborative, November 2006; 80 p.
"Swept Wind Turbine Blade Aeroelastic Modeling for Loads and Dynamic Behavior," Windpower 2006, 4-7 June 2006, Pittsburgh, PA, 4-7 June 2006: 17 p.