B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Davis - 1981
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Davis - 1983
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Davis - 1988
Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA – 1981 to 2010, retired
Alternatively fueled vehicles
Energy systems analysis
- Reichmuth, D S, Lutz, A E, Manley, D E, Keller, J O, “Comparison of the technical potential for hydrogen, battery electric, and conventional light-duty vehicles to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and petroleum consumption in the United States”, Int J of Hydrogen Energy 38 (2013) 1200-1208.
- Lutz, A E and Keller, J O, “Potential for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the U.S. from Two Sectors: Light-Duty Vehicles and Electricity Generation”, Chapter 14 in Climate and Transportation Solutions, Institute of Transportation Studies, Davis, CA, D. Sperling, J. Cannon, eds (2010).
- Teh, K Y and Lutz, A E, “Thermodynamic Analysis of Fermentation and Anaerobic Growth of Baker’s Yeast”, in review J. Biotechnology (2009).
- Stewart, E M, Lutz, A E, Schoenung, S, Chiesa, M, Keller, J O, Fletcher, J, Ault, G, McDonald, J, Cruden, A, “Modeling, analysis and control system development for the Italian hydrogen house” Int J of Hydrogen Energy 34:4 (2009) 1638-1646.
- Simpson, A P, and Lutz, A E, “Exergy Analysis of Hydrogen Production via Steam Methane Reforming”, Int J of Hydrogen Energy, 32 (2007) 4811-4820.