Computer Engineering Program Objectives and Student Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering (BSCpE) is offered by the University of the Pacific School of Engineering and Computer Science. The educational objectives of the computer engineering degree program include the following:
- Graduates of the BSCpE degree program will be prepared to build and sustain successful careers in computer engineerng, and actively engage in life-long learning.
Computer Engineering Student Outcomes - Upon graduation, graduates will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- an ability to communicate effectively.the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- clearly defined career objectives, and be able to market themselves via an effective, professional resume and behavior-based interview techniques.