Computer Engineering Program Objectives and Student Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering (BSCpE) is offered by the University of the Pacific School of Engineering and Computer Science.
Computer Engineering Program Educational Objectives - Through their careers in computer engineering or related profession, Pacific graduates are expected to demonstrate the following within a few years of earning their Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering:
- Competency in the computer engineering profession via promotion to positions of increasing responsibility, publications, and/or conference presentations
- Adaptability to new developments in science and technology by successfully completing or pursuing graduate education in engineering or related fields, or participating in professional development and/or industrial training courses
Computer Engineering Student Outcomes - Upon graduation, graduates will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- an ability to communicate effectively.the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- clearly defined career objectives, and be able to market themselves via an effective, professional resume and behavior-based interview techniques.
Computer Engineering Program Major Count
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering major count in 2012-2013: 66
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degrees awarded in 2012-2013: 10