Electrical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
Through their careers in electrical engineering or related profession, Pacific graduates are expected to demonstrate the following within a few years of earning their Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering:
- Competency in the electrical engineering profession via promotion to positions of increasing responsibility, publications, and/or conference presentations
- Adaptability to new developments in science and technology by successfully completing or pursuing graduate education in engineering or related fields, or participating in professional development and/or industrial training courses
The Electrical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Electrical Engineering Student Outcomes
Upon graduation, graduates will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- an ability to communicate effectively.the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- clearly defined career objectives, and be able to market themselves via an effective, professional resume and behavior-based interview techniques.
Electrical Engineering Program Major Count
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering major count in 2014/15: 53
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degrees awarded in 2014/15: 10