The requirements for the Technology Minor are as follows:
1. Student must not be majoring in engineering.
2. Student must complete a program, approved by the minor advisor, consisting of a minimum of twenty units with a minimum of five courses from the attached list. A minimum of twelve units must be taken at Pacific.
3. Courses that count toward a minor cannot be taken on a "pass/no credit" basis.
4. Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in a minor program.
Course requirements include:
• A minimum of three courses from the School of Engineering & Computer Science (i.e., CIVL, ECPE, EMGT, ENGR, or MECH department prefixes), adding up to a minimum of eight units. (It is strongly recommended that students take ENGR 10 as one of these three classes. This course is intended for the freshman year.)
Goal: To develop and be able to articulate an understanding of the role of technology in industrial/postindustrial society.
• At least one, and no more than two of the "Computing Classes."
Goal: To develop an understanding and significant competence in the application of software technology.
General Education: With careful planning, it is possible for a student to complete some General Education requirements with Technology Minor courses.
Technology Minor Application: To complete a minor, a student should submit a minor work sheet proposal to their faculty advisor. The Registrar must receive an approved copy of the work sheet before a notation of completion of a minor can be placed on the student's transcript.