Honors & Fellowships
SIS Student Accomplishments in 2013/2014
SIS Student Accomplishments in 2012/2013
- Kiel Batanian graduated Summa cum laude and received the Ambassador Richard Pedersen Award
- Sarah George graduated Magna cum laude and was awarded Outstanding Graduating Senior for High Scholarship, Service and Character
- Morgan Stonefelt graduated Cum laude, received the Dean's Award for service to SIS and Character and was chosen to speak at the SIS diploma & hooding ceremony
- Khatijah Corey graduated Cum laude and received the LaBrack Intercultural Competency Award
- Amy Dupont received the Hewitt/Smith Award and graduated Cum laude
- The Matteuccci Award for Global Studies was awarded to Alexandra Barnett
- Bailey Aiy received a Boren Scholarship for his study abroad in Egypt
- Professor Daniel O'Neill was chosen by the graduating class to speak at the diploma & hooding ceremony
- Professor Analiese Richard was selected for her Outstanding Contribution to the faculty
- Dr. Susan Sample was awarded the Eberhardt Teacher Scholar
- The Professor of the Year was Awarded to Dr. Niru Yadav
- Four SIS Seniors were members of Phi Beta Kappa
- Four SIS Seniors earned Phi Kappa Phi
SIS Student Accomplishments in 2011/2012 include two Fulbright Scholarships and a Pickering Fellow
- SIS seniors Nicholas Freeman and Karelli Cabral earned Fulbright awards.
- SIS junior Khatijah Corey was awarded a Pickering Fellowship (only 20 students nationally are selected each year).
- SIS sophomore Shannon Chapman received a Boren Scholarship for study abroad in Ghana.
- Eight seniors in SIS this year graduated cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude.
- Five SIS students were inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.
- Ten SIS students were members of Phi Kappa Phi.
- Senior Kelly Walker was the University Student Commencement Speaker.
- SIS seniors Eseul Kim and Jazmin Webb earned the University award for best student of modern languages-Japanese.
- SIS junior Kiel Batanian earned the University award for best student of modern languages-German.
- SIS senior Maya Campbell Unsoeld and SIS professor Analiese Richard earned the Dreyfus Foundation Award for Student Research for their proposal Activism and Organization in Community Agriculture.
SIS Student Accomplishments in 2010/2011 include two Fulbright Scholarships
- SIS seniors David Allen and Joseph Styers earned Fulbright awards to South Korea.
- One out of three graduating seniors in SIS this year graduated cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude.
- SIS senior Hunter Tanous was named the 2011 Faith Davies Outstanding Student Leader.
- Five graduating SIS seniors were members of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Three SIS seniors were members of Phi Kappa Phi.
- Senior Jessica Garland was named Greek Woman of the Year for 2011.
- SIS senior Erik West earned the University award for best student of modern languages-Chinese
- 100% of SIS seniors, led by Kimberly Hargrave and Samantha Phillips, contributed to the University senior class gift. This topped all other units at Pacific by far.
- SIS sophomore Kathryn Loper was awarded ASUOP Senator of the year.
- SIS junior Maya Campbell Unsoeld and SIS professor Analiese Richard earned the 2011 Dreyfus Foundation Award for Student Research for their proposal Activism and Organization in Community Agriculture.
- Marvin Morazan and Cassie Winkel won awards at the 2011 Council of World Affairs conference in San Francisco.
- join School of International Studies on: