Sarah Mathis, Assistant Professor of Anthropology
- B.S., Principia College, 1997
- M.A., University of Notre Dame, 1999
- Ph.D., Emory University, 2008
- ANTH 53 - Cultural Anthropology
- Contemporary World Issues
- Pacific Seminar I
- Cultures of Africa
- Culture and Economy
- Culture and Power
- Cross-Cultural I
- International Research Methods
- "Disobedient Daughters? Changing Women's Roles in Rural Households in KwaZulu-Natal," Journal of Southern African Studies, 37(4), 2011.
- "The Politics of Land Reform: Tenure and Political Authority in Rural KwaZulu-Natal," Journal of Agrarian Change, 7(1), January 2007.
- "From War Leaders to Freedom Fighters: Violence in Umbumbulu in the Waning Days of Apartheid in South Africa," African Affairs, 112(448), 2013, pp. 421-439