Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy is to provide an exemplary educational experience leading to highly competent, practice-ready, caring pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists who will be accountable for improving the health and well-being of society.
The Pharmacy program of the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences will be among the top 25% of private pharmacy schools in the United States, nationally and internationally recognized as a source of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists of exceptional ability, and will be distinguished by innovative student-centered teaching and curricular programming, research, and service.
We will consistently strive to achieve and promote the following values:
- Excellence - in practice, academics (both teaching and learning), research, service and leadership;
- Professionalism - encouraging integrity as an essential part of pharmacy practice, research and education;
- Student-centeredness - encouraging and fostering academic and professional interactions between students and faculty, both inside and outside of the classroom;
- Critical thinking and problem solving - developing effective leaders and citizens of our communities and the world, as providers and consumers of healthcare and members of our profession;
- Discovery - recognizing the obligation of the academy, contributing through discovery and scholarly activity to knowledge in the fields of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences;
- Accountability - recognizing that, as healthcare professionals, we are patient-centered and responsible to help our patients optimize their health outcomes;
- Human dignity - recognizing that every individual deserves respect and will at different times both struggle and excel;
- Ethics - in all of our interactions, so that our teaching, practice, research, leadership and service are above reproach; and
- Quality improvement - developing and utilizing measurable quality assessment techniques and best practices to inform decision-making and enhance the quality of our programs.