Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science
Bachelor of Arts
The goals of the applied science major are as follows:
- Promote the development of a liberal education in students who enter into entry-level professional doctorate health science programs.
- Promote the development of graduates who are able to apply the natural/basic sciences to the practice of their field of study in an applied health science field.
- Enable students in entry-level professional doctorate health sciences programs the opportunity to earn a baccalaureate degree.
Students must apply to the Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science program by completing the appropriate section of the Change of Program form.
- For those graduating from the entry-level professional doctorate health science program, complete the "Addition to Program of Study" section.
- For those not graduating from the entry-level professional doctorate health science program, complete the "Change to Program of Study" section.
- Students are encouraged to apply to the Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science program at least one year prior to the expected graduation from that program.
- Students must have official transcripts from all other colleges and universities submitted to the University's Office of Admission in Stockton.
- Students may request copies of official transcripts housed in the School of Dentistry to be sent to the University's Office of Admission in Stockton.
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts should also be sent to the designated program director.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science is not eligible for the Pacific Transfer Admission Agreement (TAA).
- Apply natural sciences in the solution of health science problems within the student's field of study.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate verbally and in written and electronic form in the applied science arenas within the student's field of study.
- Effectively work with others and provide leadership when needed within the student's field of study.
- Demonstrate appropriate interactions with individuals from various cultures and ethnicities.
- Engage in community based activities aimed at advancing society or assisting others.
- Perform in a professional and ethical manner.
- Describe the application of natural sciences to the sustainability of society and the natural and economic environment.
- Describe the connections among the natural sciences and the applied sciences within the student's field of study.
Click Here for:
General Education Requirements and additional information
Information for Students
- Information for Pre-Pharmacy Advantage Program Students
- Information for Doctor of Pharmacy Students
- Information for Doctor of Dental Surgery Students
Obtaining Official Copies of SAT and ACT Scores
Application to the BA in Applied Science Program
- Must be a Doctor of Dental Surgery or a Doctor of Pharmacy student
- Must not have a BA or BS degree
- Complete the Change of Program Form and submit to Susan Burkhardt or drop off in PHARMC A-111