- Bachelor's degree with a major of student's choice.
- Successful completion of the listed prerequisite courses.
- Prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or above
- Courses are taken on a graded basis; pass/fail courses are not acceptable.
- Biological science, chemistry and physics courses must all include significant laboratory experiences.
- It is recommended that prerequisite courses in Biology, Exercise Physiology, Anatomy and Physiology be taken within 10 years of applying to the program.
- At least 50 hour of experience in physical therapy practice settings which includes at least 25 hours in acute care, in-hospital setting (NOTE: sub-acute and any other non-acute care settings do not satisfy this requirement). The Department encourages you to visit the APTA website for the definition of acute care and descriptions of that setting: http://www.apta.org/PTCareers/Overview/.
- GRE test scores must be less than 5 years old at the time of application. Please contact the Graduate School if you have questions.
- A personal interview at the invitation of the selection committee is required.
- All prerequisite courses/labs must be completed at an accredited institution. All courses must have defined objectives, a course description, an objective grading system with a letter grade and meet the content expectations of the prerequisite. With the exception of Medical Terminology, the program does not accept on-line courses as fulfillment of prerequisite coursework. Contact PTAdmissions@pacific.edu for prior approval for an online Medical Terminology course only.
- Pacific will NOT accept AP courses to fulfill pre-requisites.
Prerequisite Courses (Approved 12/02/14)
- General Biology with lab and another course in Biological sciences (not botany) with or without lab: 6 semester credits/9 quarter hours minimum.
- Human Anatomy with Lab: 4 semester units/5 quarter hours minimum.
- Human Physiology with Lab: 4 semester units/5 quarter hours minimum.
- General Chemistry with lab: 8 semester units/12 quarter hours minimum.
- General Physics with lab: 8 semester units/12 quarter hours minimum.
- Abnormal Psychology: 3 semester units/4 quarter hours minimum.
- Statistics: 3 semester units/4 quarter hours minimum.
- Exercise Physiology: 3 semester units/4 quarter hours minimum.
- Medical Terminology: 1-3 semester units/ 2-4 quarter hours minimum.
For additional information, please contact: