- Bachelor's degree with a major of student's choice.
- Successful completion of the listed prerequisite courses.
- Prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or above
- Courses are taken on a graded basis; pass/fail courses are not acceptable.
- Biological science, chemistry and physics courses must all include significant laboratory experiences.
- It is recommended that prerequisite courses in Biology, Exercise Physiology, Anatomy and Physiology be taken within 10 years of applying to the program.
- At least 50 hours of experience in physical therapy practice settings which includes at least 25 hours with inpatients in an acute care hospital (not a skilled nursing facility or transitional care unit)
- GRE test scores must be less than 5 years old at the time of application. Please contact the Graduate School if you have questions.
- A personal interview at the invitation of the selection committee is required.
- All prerequisite courses/labs must be completed at an accredited institution. All courses must have defined objectives, a course description, an objective grading system with a letter grade and meet the content expectations of the prerequisite. With the exception of Medical Terminology, the program does not accept on-line courses as fulfillment of prerequisite coursework. Contact PTAdmissions@pacific.edu for prior approval for an online Medical Terminology course only.
- General Biology with lab or Cell Biology
(4 semester credits / 5-6 quarter hours minimum.)
- Human Anatomy with lab
(4 semester credits / 5-6 quarter hours minimum. Vertebrate anatomy is acceptable if human anatomy is not available.)
- Human Physiology with lab
(4 semester credits / 5-6 quarter hours minimum. Animal physiology is acceptable if human physiology is not available.)
Note: A single semester course combining anatomy and physiology does not meet this requirement. However, a two-semester sequence of the combined subjects will meet this requirement.
- General Chemistry with lab
(8 semester credits / 12 quarter hours minimum. A standard full-year course.)
- General Physics with lab
(8 semester credits / 12 quarter hours minimum. A standard full-year course. Calculus level physics is not required but is accepted.)
- Abnormal Psychology plus one other Psychology course
(6 semester credits / 9 quarter hours minimum.)
(3 semester credits / 4-5 quarter credits minimum)
- Exercise Physiology
(3 semester credits / 4-5 quarter hours minimum)
Introduction to the study of human physiological responses and adaptations resulting from muscular activity, including demonstration and measurement of basic physiological responses that occur with exercise.
- Medical Terminology
(1-3 semester credits / 2-4 quarter hours minimum. A basic course in bioscientific terminology, analyzing the Latin and Greek elements in scientific English.) NOTE: On-line courses may be accepted.
For additional information, please contact: