Why Pacific PT
What makes Pacific's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Unique?
- Small class size (36) and faculty to student ratio 8:1.
- Faculty and staff help students chart a course for success beginning with the application process, through graduation and licensure preparation.
- Students have an active role in shaping their educational experience through student-run leadership and extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant support
- Two full-time staff available Monday-Friday to answer questions and concerns.
- Monthly tours available.
- Personal interviews: we want to get to know you , not just your academic rating. Our goal is to assemble a diverse class of student who will thrive in an environment where we integrate a solid scientific base with clinical sciences, professionalism, clinical skills, critical thinking, and compassion to foster the development of exceptional clinicians.
- Annual Pacific PT Employer Showcase-exclusive event for Pacific DPT students to meet potential employers.
Fully accredited, accelerated 25-month program (year-round) including 30 weeks of full-time clinical education.
- Preparing practice-ready physical therapists since 1985.
- 24 dedicated faculty, 230 combined years of teaching experience, representing eight clinical specialties and sub-specialties.
- Teaching is the top priority of our faculty through the translation of research for practical application.
- Average of eight scholarly works produced annually by students with faculty mentorship.
- Networking activities through Pacific Physical Therapy Alumni Association.
- Four scholarships exclusively awarded to Pacific DPT students annually.
- Students practice with modern clinical tech¬nology in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Teaching techniques enhance learning and retention such as full-body, dissection-based anatomy with use of cadavers in subsequent courses.
- Curriculum is integrated with APTA and legislative activities to promote comprehensive professional development.
- Explore beyond the classroom in structured service-learning opportunities in Northern California, Latin America, and Africa.
- Solidify theoretical learning through clinical practice beginning in first trimester.
- Gain clinical confidence in on-campus pro bono physical therapy training clinic.
- Complete the journey to professional competence through 30 weeks of full-time clinical experience in five different settings, with choices in over 350 sites nationwide.
- Program-supported licensure preparation course in final trimester.
Student Outcomes (3 year average, data source Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education)
- 100% on-time graduation rate.
- 100% overall NPTE pass rate.
- 100% employment post licensure.