Doctor of Audiology Admissions Process
The application deadline for admission to the Doctor of Audiology (AuD) program is February 1st. Applicants that meet this deadline can expect an admissions decision from the department by the end of March. Our goal is to make admission decisions earlier to allow applicants to make their graduate school plans earlier. This three-year accelerated program will serve a cohort of 20-22 students per year and will draw students with any undergraduate majors but especially those majoring in Speech-Language Pathology, Biology, and Pre-Health.
The Doctor of Audiology program at the University of the Pacific has been awarded candidacy status by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and "developing status" by the Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education (ACAE). See the program accreditation status link for further details of the accreditation process.
The Doctor of Audiology (AuD) program utilizes the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) - https://csdcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login.
The CSDCAS application includes:
- Self-Reported Grades
- Official Transcripts (from ALL institutions attended post high school)
This would include vocational/technical school transcripts.
- Official GRE scores
GRE CSDCAS Code: 0773
- Any scores sent to GRE code 3804 will not be linked properly to your application and may cause a delay in its review. (edited 10/28/2016)
- Personal Essay
Please answer all of the following 4 questions:
- Why are you pursuing a Doctor of Audiology degree? (max 500 words)
- Why is the University of the Pacific a good fit for you? (max 500 words)
- Describe a time where you experienced a failure / setback. (max 500 words)
- Discuss the strategies used to overcome this challenge. What did you learn as a result? (max 1000 words)
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
At least one letter of reference should come from a university faculty member.
Applicants to the program are strongly encouraged to attend one of the department's graduate admission information sessions to assist them in making an informed decision about a graduate program that will best suit their needs. Each information session will be hosted by Dr. Rupa Balachandran and will provide an overview of the program, tours of the classrooms and clinic facilities, and opportunities for individual questions. Please click here to register for a session or contact Dr. Balachandran at email@example.com to set up an appointment. We look forward to meeting you on campus soon.