Frequently Asked Questions about our Medicare Outreach
Why it is important that I annually reevaluate my Medicare Part D plan?
- Plans can change formularies and cost-sharing structure every year
- Up to 9 in every 10 beneficiaries can save money on their drug plan costs by examining all available choices
- On average, Medicare beneficiaries can save $636 by optimizing their Part D plan
What can University of the Pacific students pharmacists do for me (a Medicare beneficiary) during an outreach event?
Provide Medicare Part D Assistance
- We will evaluate all of the Medicare Part D plans available to you in the upcoming year and identify the one which will minimize your out-of-pocket costs.
- We can identify if you may qualify for additional governmental assistance to help lower your out-of-pocket prescription medications.
- We may be able to save you money by identifying if your medications qualify for Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs.
Provide Medication Therapy Management
- We will review all of your medications to make sure that they are safe to take together and also answer any questions that you may have about your medications.
- If necessary, we will directly contact your prescriber and/or pharmacist detailing our recommendations.
- You can come to most of our outreach events and receive any of the following:
- Flu vaccine
- Pneumococcal vaccine
Note: For most qualified Medicare beneficiaries there will be NO cost to receive the flu or pneumococcal vaccines.
The following services will be offered at most outreach sites/events:
- Blood pressure testing
- Bone density testing
- Cholesterol testing
- Diabetes screening
- Exhaled Nitric Oxide Measurement (for those with Asthma)
- Falls Risk screening
- Memory decline screening
- Anemia testing