James A. Uchizono, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Dean and Director, PreHealth Programs
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics and Medicinal Chemistry
Mathematical modeling of time- and state-varying, linear and non-linear, pharmacological and biological cascades, mechanisms, and responses.
- Modeling in vivo and in vitro SSRI data (Serotonin Selective Reuptake Inhibitor)
- Pharmacodynamic modeling of 5-HT1A autoreceptor modulation on serotonin (5-HT) release.
- Kinetics of SSRI distribution and transport across the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) using microdialysis (MD) and cell culture models.
- Pharmacokinetic modeling of SSRI distribution in major organs.
- Population pharmacokinetics (PPK/PPD)
- Development of validation methods: Cross-validation, Posterior predictive check, etc.
- Development of statistics to evaluate pharmacometrics.
- Modeling of nitroglycerin drug tolerance in LLC-PK1 cell cultures.
- Modeling of Cytochrome P-450 enzyme induction (CYP1A1) in HepG2 cell culture.
- Modeling of Ca(2+) kinetics in A549 and A549-Taxol24 cell cultures.
- Statistical analysis of steady-state and time-series data..
Dr. Jim Uchizono earned his bachelor of science in chemistry and biology from the University of Irvine in 1985. He later attended University of California San Francisco where he received his doctor of pharmacy in 1990 and his doctor of philosophy in 2001. Dr. Uchizono completed his postdoctoral training at Genetech, Inc in 1992. He joined the Pacific Pharmacy family in 2000.