International Programs and Services
Mission and Values
The mission of International Programs and Services is to strengthen the global and international dimensions of teaching, learning, research and service at University of the Pacific.
We believe that:
- The promotion of global awareness, knowledge and proficiency should be an intrinsic part of University of the Pacific.
- Global and international awareness, knowledge and proficiency are essential for Pacific students to participate effectively in the 21st century.
- International education is an orientation and approach across the curriculum as well as a separate subject.
- International education at Pacific should be an integrated and collaborative effort on the part of all levels of the education establishment.
Education abroad at Pacific is dedicated to providing Pacific students with the highest quality international academic programs and opportunities that allow them to gain the knowledge and develop the skills necessary to become successful and productive members of the global community. In partnership with Pacific campuses, schools, departments, faculty and staff we seek to increase awareness of education abroad opportunities, to promote intercultural learning, and to advocate for diversity in participants and programs.
The mission of the service component of IPS is to support and enhance the international students', scholars' and families' academic, cultural, and social integration at Pacific.
- Advising on and facilitating compliance with United States immigration regulations.
- Conducting orientations and other special programming that help international students and scholars integrate into and adjust to the academic, cultural and social life of Pacific and the United States.
- Serving as a liaison with United States government agencies, foreign embassies, sponsors and educational foundations that support international students and scholars.
- Contributing to the internationalization of Pacific by providing opportunities for growth through cross-cultural interactions.
IPS works with international students and scholars from throughout the world to make their stays at Pacific and the United States positive, enriching and fulfilling through essential information.
IPS Advisory Committee
The International Programs and Services Committee ensures the quality of international education at the University, including Pacific students studying abroad and international students studying here.
The Committee reviews and makes recommendations to the Director of International Programs and Services about all practices and policies affecting international education including academic approval of all study abroad programs. The Committee reports to the Academic Council annually.
Bechtel International Center
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211 USA
Office Hours (Academic Year)
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Office Hours (Summer Schedule - Mid-May to Mid-August)
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
For an appointment with any staff member, please email or call him/her directly.
Ryan Griffith - 209.946.2090 Director
Shirley Redoblado - 209.946.2247 International Student and Scholar Specialist
Leslie Anderson - 209.946.7746 Administrative Assistant/DSO